Sunday 26 July 2015

Two little angels

Morning!  My project today is a shabby Christmas plaque that I had such fun making.  I love mixed media, there are no rules!

I started off with some very old Anna Griffin striped cream and pink paper which formed the background.  I then used a text stencil and some stencil paste to add some texture.  Before the paste dried I poured on some fine glitter for a little bit of bling.

bev-rochester-mixed-media-angel-plaque

Once this was dry I die cut a frame (Marianne Designs die) twice and glued together for added strength.  Before adhering this with foam pads I glued on a border of pearls around the edge.   Then … I went crazy with the embellies.

bev-rochester-mixed-media-angel-plaque1

The poinsettia are actually lilies which I pulled apart, cut some chunks out the edges so the petals weren’t so uniform, spritzed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Nantucket Pearls inks then reassembled with stamens in the centre.  I coloured the white stamens with some shabby shutters reinker.  I die cut the holly leaves and spritzed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang inks and twisted whilst still wet then gently unravelled once dry.  Did you spot the angel wings?  Man I love that silicone mould so much ♥♥♥

bev-rochester-mixed-media-angel-plaque2

Once everything was stuck in place I went over the highlights with either white gesso or Viva Inka Gold wax.

Wild Orchid Crafts products:
MIXED PASTEL TONE MULBERRY PAPER LILY FLOWERS MKX-333
MIXED PINK TONE OPEN ROSES MKX-661
WHITE MULBERRY PAPER OPEN ROSES MKX-013
WHITE MULBERRY PAPER GYPSOPHILA FLOWERS GST-225
White Stamens MKX-470
WHITE PEARL STRING-4mm MKX-533
WHITE CABOCHON ANGELS MKX-189
VINTAGE SEAM BINDING RIBBON – WHITE MKX-472

  •  




  • 1 comment:

    1. Amazing a wonderful project love it Love and hugs Carole x

      ReplyDelete